Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ahhhh! Early Mornings!

Hello!
I am all packed to go and prepared to go on the plane.  Hopefully I will not get lost during my transfer in Toronto.  I am getting a bit nervous but also quite excited.  I promised a rough sketch of my daily schedule while I am there so here is what Terry sent me:

June:

5:30 wake 
6:00 chores--feed/water chickens, hens, pigs; milk cows
8-12 various work--construction, fencing, pick up chicks, garden, etc
12:00 lunch
1-3 various --cutting pork, smoking bacon, packaging meat, washing eggs, make granola, cooking, baking bread
3-6 chores--feed/water chickens, hens, pigs; move all poultry pens; milk cows
6:00 supper
evening (if necessary)--making sausage, packaging, cutting meat


July-Oct (chicken butchering season begins; therefore busier)

5:30 (sometimes as early as 4:00) wake up
(if earlier it is usually to package chickens killed the day before)
6:00 chores--feed/water chickens, hens, turkeys, pigs; milk cows
8-3 (with a quick break for lunch) butchering chickens (usually around 3 days a week)
3-6 chores--feed/water chickens, hens, turkeys, pigs; move all poultry pens; milk cows
6:00 supper
evening --making sausage, packaging, cutting meat, washing eggs, garden, etc.


I hope this gives you a good idea of what I will do.  I will be able to let you know soon what it looks like from my first, sleep-deprived perspective.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Megan. You sure are going to be busy! I will definitely be praying for you. Keep us posted on the many of adventures of the east coast. Miss you already.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap Megan! That sounds busy and tiring. But kinda awesome at the same time. Have so much fun! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are going to be some busy days. I sounds really interesting though. I hope you have an amazing time!!!! I will miss you this summer!
    love Erica

    ReplyDelete